Arthritis is a condition that causes inflammation and pain in the joints. There are different types of arthritis, but they all can affect your quality of life and mobility.
As your trusted foot doctor in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, here are some steps you can follow to prevent arthritis from worsening over time:
- Maintain a healthy weight since excess weight stresses joints and can increase inflammation.
- Eat a balanced diet that includes foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, such as fish, nuts, and seeds.
- Aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise per week, and do some strength training and stretching exercises.
- Avoid activities that can cause injury, ankle pain, or overuse of your joints, such as lifting heavy objects or repetitive motions. Use assistive devices, such as braces, splints, or canes, if needed.
- Take your medication to help control your pain and inflammation and prevent further joint damage.
Suppose you are suffering from a chronic foot condition, an injury, or a cosmetic concern. In that case, we are here to help at Milwaukee Advanced Foot & Ankle Clinic through our diabetic foot care in Wisconsin.
Our experienced and board-certified surgeons use the latest techniques and equipment to ensure the best outcomes for our patients.
In addition, we provide a range of services, especially on foot surgery in Wisconsin, from bunion removal to hammertoe correction, to help you restore your mobility and comfort.
For further inquiries on our services, you can contact us at 414-326-9034.